Bose, known for working on its noise-cancelling technology that recreates silence, has made it available and miniaturized by implanting it on the Bose QuietComfort 20 in-ear headphones.
Features of the Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Noise cancelling technology. The Bose QuietComfort 20 headphone is the company’s first in-ear headphone with an active noise-cancelling feature. The noise cancellation technology works by reducing or sometimes totally blocking out ambient noise and distractions, making you focus more on what you are listening to.
- Aware mode. Most passive in-ear headphones usually let in sounds from your surroundings even when you don’t want them to. With the Bose QuietComfort 20’s noise cancelling technology, background sounds are efficiently blocked out which prevents you from hearing anything else aside from what you’re listening to. However, with the Aware mode, you have the option to tune into what’s happening around you with a switch of a button.
- Inline microphone and remote. The Bose QuietComfort 20 is not only designed to accommodate your music listening needs. It is also equipped with an inline mic and remote for a hands-free phone conversation while also enabling you to control different music functions on your device whenever you need to. The 4-button remote also gives you access to apps like Siri and Google Search.
- Rechargeable battery. Since active noise cancellation requires power to run it, the Bose QuietComfort 20 included a slim, power brick that houses the headphones’ battery unit and its power switch.
- Proprietary StayHear+ ear tips. Enjoying your music is made more convenient and fun with the StayHear+ ear tips that provide a soft and snug fit without having to force the tips inside your ears.
- TriPort® technology and Active EQ. This feature gives the QuietComfort 20 in-ear headphones its lifelike sound Bose is known for.
- Available in two versions, the QuietComfort 20 for use with non-Apple devices and the Quiet Comfort 20i ideal for use with Apple products.
- Overall sound quality is good according to reviews.
- You can still use the headphones as regular in-ear headphones, minus the noise cancellation feature, if the built-in battery gets drained.
- The package includes a compact, cloth zipper case that offers some protection for your headphones when not in use.
- The ear tips are soft and easily conform to your ears. It is also available in three sizes: small, medium and large to suit your needs.
- For some users who reviewed this product, since the noise cancellation feature is manually turned on and off, forgetting to turn off the feature when not in use leaves their batteries easily drained.
- The battery brick can be obtrusive to some users, however, only a few number of reviewers find this bothersome.
The Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones is not for those looking for cost effective headphones just to use for daily music listening during commutes. Because of the brand’s efficient noise cancelling feature, it’s more on the expensive side and may not appeal much for those on a budget.
If you have the cash to spare, you may opt to invest in a high-end pair of earphones. The Bose Quietomfort 20, aside from being made by a known brand, it will work like a normal headphone but without the noise cancelling feature if your battery gets drained, unlike other earphones. From the price range its at, you get to have most features high quality headphones usually have and more.
Check it out here